Friday, February 26, 2010

What is the best way to remove residual wallpaper adhesive?

I'm remodeling a bedroom and have removed all the paper but the wall is still tacky. I've tried Dif and it isn't working very well. Is there a better way? Vinegar?What is the best way to remove residual wallpaper adhesive?
Best way I've found is to use a sponge and a plastic scraper. Liberally soak a section of wall, then scrape the residue with the scraper. If the walls were not prepped prior to installation of the wallpaper, I've found it's much easier to skimcoat the wall with drywall mud, sand smooth, prime, and paint. It's a lot less of a headache. Good luck.What is the best way to remove residual wallpaper adhesive?
Bummer. When I sold wallpaper, we sold a lot of Dif. Did you follow the directions on the container? As I recall, you had to wet the area multiple times.
I have used a mixture (50/50) of fabric softener and water in a spray bottle that worked pretty well. I still had to scrape with a kitchen spatula some but it came off easily.
if the adhesive is still gooey, try GooGone, it has worked well for me, Normally inexpensive, and available everywhere
Warm water and white vinegar
a bucket of HOT water and a rag... wipe it. scrape it. repeat.
steam might work

No comments:

Post a Comment