Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do you remove adhesive from the crotch of a new swimsuit? Laundering soap is not working.?

Laundry soap in hot water isn't working.How do you remove adhesive from the crotch of a new swimsuit? Laundering soap is not working.?
Try rubbing some eucalyptus oil on adhesive, then launder in warm water with general laundry detergent.





Good luck!How do you remove adhesive from the crotch of a new swimsuit? Laundering soap is not working.?
I actually used Pam cooking spray, then hand washed with dish soap and warm water. It worked like a charm!

Report Abuse



I just had to do this and used rubbing alcohal and a paper towel. You ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE HOT WATER ON swimsuits. It will degrade the fabric/

Report Abuse



Look at the label on the adhesive, depends on what it is.
I know this sounds crazy but I would try hand sanitizer. I clean a couple of offices during the week and had to get adhesive off of counter-top and they did not have WD40 so I found some hand sanitizer and it worked. It would be safe to use on the swimsuit.
Im not sure if it is safe for clothing but I would think goo gone would work. I have used that on many things that the adhesive just wont come off on and it takes it right off. Look at the bottle though to make sure that it works on clothing!
Whatever you do dont use acetone it will remove the adhessive, but will also deteriote the fabric.





the best stuff to use is rubbing alchol, and cotton swab just swab away and it will remove the adhesive

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Jared that's what I thought I tried it once now I'm going to go ahead and try it again excellent choice Jared that was great awesome I bought it at Macy's so whatever you people do out there do not use acetone Jared had a good idea and it worked perfect thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just used eucalyptus oil and it immediately worked - I am amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rubbing alcohol and a paper towel finally worked for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tried the rubbing alcohol and a paper towel and it worked like a charm! Thanks Liz

    ReplyDelete