Friday, February 26, 2010

How to open the stuck cap of tube of adhesive?

I have a tube of adhesive that I have not used for a while and due to earlier spillage or whatever, the screw cap of the tube has got stuck. I am not able to unscrew and open it. I do not want to throw away the tube as it still contains a lot of adhesive. Most imp - I NEED IT now!


I tried mustard oil and alchohol as possible solvents to dissolve the adhesive near the cap but didn't help. The only option left is to try open the other end of the tube but I would take as the last option.





Can anyone help me here?How to open the stuck cap of tube of adhesive?
drill a small hole in the lidHow to open the stuck cap of tube of adhesive?
try using some pliers on the cap. or look on the tube for a way of gettin rid of the adhesive.
i was told by a friend that lighter fluid will remove glue but haven't tried it yet.
Hot water should work.
use a blow dryer on the cap,,this will loosen the glue
plyers
A spritz of WD40 or if you have goo-gone that might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment