Saturday, February 27, 2010

How can I remove adhesive from a delicate part of skin?

I frequently get abcess under my arm and my doctor said I need to keep it clean and put a gauze over it so when it drains, it won't stain my cloths and it can breath at the same time. While one is going down another it coming up. The adhesive water proof tape has left a lot of adhesive after i pull it off. What can I put on my skin or use to scrub it off without infecting my underarm. Doc already said to use antibactetial soap when bathing. When they start coming up it comes with a lot of pain, so I have to rub as lightly as possible.How can I remove adhesive from a delicate part of skin?
When I worked in health care we used Acetone, which is nail polish remover. It would remove the adhesive with no problems.How can I remove adhesive from a delicate part of skin?
To make removing the bandage easier, apply a warm compress over the bandage to loosen the adhesive, leaving less sticky residue after you remove the bandage.





Apply baby oil, mineral oil or olive oil to remove any excess adhesive





Hope that helps.
it's the same adhesive that would be left over from something like a bandaid or medical tape; i suggest rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover.





what you do is take one of the solvents and put a good amount on a cotton ball or square, then place it directly on the area. hold this there for a few seconds (NOTE: this should not burn, if it burns stop what you're doing and wait till the skin heals, and is not and open wound) then you can start rubbing lightly and this should get the adhesive to come off.





i hope this helps!
plain soap and warm water...does the trick...


do not put nail polish remover (acetone) under your arm (OUCH!)





good luck :)
Goo Gone. They sell it in grocery stores by glue and stuff like that. It's come in a clear bottle and it's orange. Smell pretty good too. :)





Lots of luck!!
DO NOT USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER!





Use Baby oil. it'll work. CHEERS!
I use baby oil. It seems to dissolve sticky glue. Just rub it in gently for as long as it takes

No comments:

Post a Comment