Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do you remove the adhesive residue left behind from band aids?

I had surgery and the tape they used to close up the incision has left sticky gray stuff all over and I cant get rid of it. I have tried rubbing alcohol and that is not workingHow do you remove the adhesive residue left behind from band aids?
Try baby oil. Spread a bit over the glue residue, let it sit for a couple of minutes, and wash. You probably don't want to get it on the incision if it's not completely closed up, of course.How do you remove the adhesive residue left behind from band aids?
I would use windex... that's what we use to clean adhesive off of car windows, after we bring them back from the auction.. of course, we also use a razor blade and steel wool, but, I don't think that would be a good idea for your skin.

Report Abuse



chuck is an idiot....





anywho... thanx for the question.. it helped for me too...

Report Abuse



Yeah oil works to unbond the adhesive on a molecular level. Similar tricks work for when adhesive pricetags leave residue.

Report Abuse



Oil still leaves a nasty greasy feeling. Try using alcohol, it does the same thing and will dry on its own. Plus it's a disinfectant so if you do get it in the cut it will be ok.

Report Abuse



If you don't have any baby oil in the house, nail polish remover is also another excellent way to remove the adhesive residue. It is quick, clean and doesn't hurt.

Report Abuse



This is an Interesting Question.I too wanted the answer for this!!

Report Abuse



Sometimes it takes a while for it to completely come off, but it will. Just make sure when you are showering, that you scrub that area really well. As your dead skin cells wear away, so will the residue. After a few washes, you'll notice it less and less. I had that same problem just after being in the hospital giving birth and having things taped to me.
Try tea tree oil, I wore patches for pain management, similar to patches for cigarettes, they left residue all the time, the one thing I found that got rid of the gum residue completely was tea tree oil..
try using baby oil.


it works well on my grandkids

No comments:

Post a Comment