Friday, February 26, 2010

What hooks or adhesive are best to hang Xmas light in a window?

I decorated my home for the holidays over the weekend, but there is one thing that is plucking my nerve! My lights never seem to look straight in the window. I used the hooks with the adhesive tab on the back that is easy for removal, but no matter how much i pull and straighten the wire of lights, they go in all different directions and seem crooked. Please help!!!What hooks or adhesive are best to hang Xmas light in a window?
i hope this will work for you. I am obsessive when it comes to str8 lites in a window. If you have rubbing alcohol (any store for a buck if u don't) under the sink use it to clean the window seal where the lite string will be at. Let dry fully,(usually a minute or 2). This is where my obsessiveness comes in. I use a 2 inch piece of tape at every little light. Push the tape over the string to the window firmily and rub vigorously to ensure airbubbles are out. The key to perfect is.... put ur finger either before the light or after the light to see where the tape would benefit the most. Or use 2 pieces. A lot of work but, you will get compliments on your perfectionism and gorgeous CHRISTmas lights!


Even in cold windows this will stick. You might have to inspect for one or two malfunctions during the season.


Merry CHRISTmas, friend.What hooks or adhesive are best to hang Xmas light in a window?
Use a plastic suction cup,stick it to your window and at the back of it hang your light.

No comments:

Post a Comment